Fibre Fault Finding
- Check optical power first-starting at the transmitter and then measuring through the system.
- Identify where the issue is occurring, is it at one point or the whole system.
- If at one point, measure optical power through that leg.
- If it is the whole system then check the headend or the single fibre trunk.
- If the optical power is lower than expected, clean the connectors and check keyway alignment.
- If the optical loss through the cable is greater than 0.5dB (unless distances are over 1km) suspect the cable or connector.
- Clean & align again.